Thursday, December 27, 2007

Windows PowerShell Virtual User Group #2 meeting video--ONLINE!

As in my first meeting, the process to edit the WMV created by Live Meeting 2007 requires a few steps.

Finally, my videos from my 2nd meeting detailed HERE are online.

Here's the resulting files, which I've split up by presenter (each is roughly 15-25MB).

  • Marco Shaw's introduction

I introduce myself, the user group.  I talk about the agenda, thank Microsoft and PowerGadgets for sponsoring this meeting, do some quick polls, then introduce each speaker. 

Don started off after my introduction and talked about the new PowerShell Community site, Sapien's 2nd edition of PowerShell: TFM, and Sapien's PowerShell training.

Dmitry was going to talk about Quest's Active Directory cmdlets and PowerGUI.  Dmitry had technical problems and was not able to complete his talk.  I'm hoping he will want to redo his presentation at a later time.

Oisin did a presentation on advanced development he's working on with the PowerShell Community Extensions and talked about his other project on Codeplex called PSEventing.  The first 2 links are for PSCX development, and the 3rd is for PSEventing only.

 

Jeffrey from the Microsoft PowerShell development team talked about the new PowerShell 2.0 Community Technology Preview (CTP).

 

I'll announce the tentative details for meeting #3 next week.  It is tentatively planned for January 16, 2008 at 8PM EST (New York time).