Monday, January 29, 2007

Cool application: RSSBus (www.rssbus.com)

Along with starting to share my experiences online, I've started trying to use tools to save time.  One thing was starting to use the RSS features of IE7, instead of having to surf regularly (and memorize because I don't really like the concept of using 'favorites', aka bookmarks).

I came across RSSBus recently.  It is basically an application that has an easy to use interface allowing you to create an RSS feed with just about anything.

I installed the desktop product, downloaded and modified a feed script from Lance Robinson and voila!  I had an RSS feed to microsoft.public.windows.powershell.

To top it off, the feed ties directly into Google Groups to present me with a web based interface to the news articles.

Another great product from /n software along with their NetCmdlets.